Resin Homewares with Naomi Claire Art
Saturday 30th January
Saturday 20th March
Learn the art of Resin Art in this fun filled workshop with Naomi Claire Art.
In the workshop you will learn all the skills and techniques to be able to add safely add beautiful resin designs to household items.
Naomi will guide you through the process in a hands-on workshop to create your very own resin paddle/serving board and resin topped canister.
You will be guided through your work and shown some of Naomi's trademark techniques.
Your artwork will need to dry overnight and will be available for pickup from the Studio the following day or can be posted for $20 (payable on the day).
No experience necessary and all materials supplied.
NOTE: This workshop involves working with chemical substances and is not suited for people under the age of 16 or pregnant women.
You can find Naomi and explore all of her beautiful work on Instagram and on Facebook as @naomi_claire_art
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Hi I'm Naomi and I am a local artist, living in Jervis Bay. Mainly self-taught, I have also undertaken courses to increase my knowledge and skills.
I have always had a strong passion for art, and from a very young age experimented with lots of different mediums from drawings to paintings, ending up now working with resin and alcohol inks.
I have spent the last few years working with resin, creating unique furniture pieces, and timber items such as chopping boards and coasters. But my main love is resin preservation of flowers from special occasions, particularly weddings and funerals. These special keepsakes give people lasting memories.
More recently, I have expanded into working with alcohol inks, creating pictures of free-flowing textures and beautiful colours and this is becoming one of my favourite mediums to work with.
Please take note of our Workshop Cancellation Policy available at https://www.thisoldhousestudio.com.au/cancellation-policy.html If you discover that you are unable to attend the workshop you may pass your ticket to someone else you wish to come in your place.
In the event you forget to come or you are unable to attend a workshop on the day, the ticket is non transferable after the event.
Whilst arriving, attending and leaving the workshops, it is your responsibility to ensure that you maintain and adhere to all safety precautions and requirements during the workshop. This Old House Studio and the attending creatives hold no personal liability or responsibility for any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property, or any physical injuries obtained during the workshop. By attending a workshop, you agree in holding full responsibility and liability for any damages, injuries to parties involved and physical and/or personal property that may occur during the workshop.
OUR COVID-SAFE ARRANGEMENTS
- Participants are required to check in to the workshop event on the day using the Service NSW QR code provided by us to enable Covid-19 contact tracing.
- We request that all participants wear a face mask covering mouth and nose while attending the workshop where social distancing is not able to be maintained.
- Due to social distancing requirements this workshop is limited to a maximum of 8 participants. Participants are responsible for managing their own social distancing while attending the workshop.
- For the safety of your health, there will no longer be morning tea or lunch provided for workshop participants. (Feel free to bring a snack for morning tea or your own lunch).
- Please do not attend the workshop if you feel unwell on the day.